RBWH Staff Fundraising Declaration
These terms and conditions apply to employees of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) who wish to raise funds for the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital Foundation ABN 37 882 212 480 (RBWH Foundation).
Funds raised will be held by RBWH Foundation and are to be used on medical and clinical research, medical and clinical education, or patient care initiatives for the Department/area you have noted in the registration. A commitment must be made to spend the funds by 31 December 2021. This will be facilitated by the completion of a Distribution Application Form (DAF) signed by the relevant Department Business Manager and RBWH Executive Director. This form will be provided to you shortly after Royal Giving Day. If this commitment is not made by 31 December 2021, then the funds raised will be re-directed to RBWH research, education or patient care initiatives. RBWH Foundation will match funds raised by your Department/area, and the final fundraising tally will be advised after the completion of Royal Giving Day.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your event/activity is conducted in accordance with relevant charities legislation and/or regulations in the State or Territory in which the fundraising activity is being held, and you must obtain any permits, authorities, licences and insurances needed. This includes the conduct of raffles or prize draws. The different states have their own legislation, which you should review before committing to any fundraising event/activity. Please see list of contact details for each governing state and territory offices (to note: this list is not exclusive there may be other agencies that you need to contact):
Australian Capital Territory
New South Wales
Liquor and Gaming Branch representing the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming CommissionPhone: 03 6777 2777gaming.tas.gov.auVictoriaVictorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
- You represent and warrant to RBWH Foundation that:
- you have and will maintain throughout the fundraising period, all licences, authorisations, consents, approvals and permits required by all applicable laws and regulations in order to undertake your fundraising event/activity; and
- you will comply with all laws, regulations, standards and industry codes applicable to the performance of those obligations, including without limitation the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Collections Act 1966 (Qld), Collections Regulations 2008 (Qld), Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Fundraising Institute of Australia’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- You must be registered with RBWH Foundation and have received our registration confirmation email before you start any fundraising.
- You agree that your participation in all activities associated with RBWH Foundation is voluntary, and that you alone are responsible for your health and safety and for any personal possessions you might bring to any activities you undertake for RBWH Foundation.
- You agree to seek medical advice before partaking in any physical activity and/or you acknowledge that you participate in chosen activities at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in your chosen activities. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
- You confirm that the events and activities you undertake for RBWH Foundation do not involve any illegal activity, violence, aggression or undue risk-taking. You are responsible for ensuring the safety of your events and activities, including the safety and security of your volunteers and personnel including, but not limited to, organising appropriate public liability insurance and providing first aid services, if required. You must provide a certificate of currency of such insurance upon request from RBWH Foundation. The RBWH Foundation insurance policy does not cover events conducted by Royal Giving Day participants and/or community fundraising events supporting RBWH Foundation and other external organisations/individuals.
- You release and indemnify RBWH Foundation, and any parties associated with the Royal Giving Day campaign and/or fundraising in support of RBWH Foundation, from any claims, loss or liability of any nature, howsoever arising, that RBWH Foundation suffers or incurs directly or indirectly (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) where the claim, loss or liability arises in connection with:
- a breach of your obligations under these terms and conditions;
- any wilful misconduct, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you or your officers, employees, agents or subcontractors including claims relating to any damage to real, tangible or intangible property; and
- any injury to or death of any person caused by any act or omission by your or your officers, employees, agents or subcontractors.
- You accept sole responsibility in the organisation and management of activities, events, finances, prizes, publicity and/or goods and services required to run the event/activity.
- You are responsible to ensure that all funds raised from the public in support of RBWH Foundation until the fundraising event/activity is completed are kept by you in a secure place and/or are remitted to RBWH Foundation. You are further responsible to ensure that you maintain complete and accurate records of funds received and expenses incurred as part of your event/activity and that these are sent to RBWH Foundation within seven (7) days of the fundraising event/activity taking place, and otherwise within two (2) days of receiving a written request from RBWH Foundation. Such records must include details of:
- all expenses incurred by you in connection with the fundraising event/activity including particulars of those expenses;
- gross income obtained by you as a result of the fundraising event/activity including particulars of all items of gross income received;
- all working papers and other such documents that are necessary to explain the methods and calculations by which accounts relating to the fundraising event/activity are made up;
- all invoices, receipts, donation forms and any other documents relating to the fundraising event/activity; and
- such other details which RBWH Foundation may notify to you in writing from time to time.
- You must not undertake any door to door, street sales or telephone-based approaches for donations to be made in connection with your fundraising/event activity.
- You agree that RBWH Foundation may use your name, the name of your fundraising event/activity and/or a description of your fundraising event/activity to:
- promote Royal Giving Day;
- refer to your association with RBWH Foundation; or
- comply with any obligations RBWH Foundation may have under applicable laws.
- You agree not to use the RBWH Foundation name or logo without prior written authority from RBWH Foundation.
- You agree that any use of our trademarks, logos, text, images, name or any other branding must first be approved in writing by RBWH Foundation prior to print.
- You agree to speak to RBWH Foundation prior to undertaking any media activity which refers to Royal Giving Day and/or RBWH Foundation.
- You agree to contact and receive approval from RBWH Foundation before approaching organisations for sponsorship or support.
- If you have any prior or current criminal convictions, you must disclose these to RBWH Foundation before participating in Royal Giving Day. Although these will not necessarily stop you from being able to support RBWH Foundation, they will be taken into account in agreeing to your suitability as a participant.
- RBWH Foundation may at any time, without the need to give any reasons, withdraw your registration in Royal Giving Day or your fundraising activity by notification in writing.
- By registering online for Royal Giving Day, you are confirming that you are 18 years or over and consent to receiving marketing materials relating to Royal Giving Day and broader RBWH Foundation communications and marketing material.
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto RBWH Foundation’s website (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it.
- When using social media as part of Royal Giving Day, the key principles to remember are:
- You agree that when using website and communication tools such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels, you will not include any of the following unacceptable content of communications: